Mixology & Cocktail Classes
Mixology 101: Great Drinks at Home and at the Bar (typical duration 2-2.5 hours)
• This class is interactive, but the main focus is on each person learning their own skills
• Learn how to make better drinks at home and how to order better drinks while out
• Everyone has their own full set of bar tools and makes up to four cocktails on their own
giving everybody the opportunity to make and taste their own drinks
• All tools are used and explained as we make cocktails that demonstrate the formulas key to
understanding the grand lexicon of cocktail recipes.
• Questions are encouraged throughout and you can stay afterwards to enjoy your
drinks as we clean up. Additional time for socializing, meetings, or dining can also be scheduled.
• Ideal for entertaining clients or letting the team unwind together
• Choice of four available packages to suit different budgets.
Creating Cocktails: A Team Competition (typical duration 2-3 hours)
• Interactive group activity with competition and prizes – The best option for REQUIRING interaction
• 1st session focuses on basic formulas, how flavors are built and the proper use of tools. You’ll learn the core formulas for the most popular mixed drinks, including both hands-on preparation with your own set of tools and/or demonstration by the instructor (depending on the pricing package you choose).
• 2nd session breaks the team into groups to create a cocktail, name it, and present it to the instructor for judging. The instructor evaluates each drink, its chances of survival
on a bar menu, and the group’s presentation of it.
• The winning team is presented with a prize (of your design and purchase).
• Choice of three available packages to suit different budgets.
* Low- and No-Alcohol Cocktails
• Both the Mixology 101 and Creating Cocktails classes can be focused on drinks that utilize low-and/or non-alcohol ingredients to create delicious drinks in any environment. This is a rapidly expanding area of interest for people across the country.
Spirits Tasting: Exploring flavor, aroma and culture (typical duration 2-2.5 hours)
• Individually-focused, with interactive discussion and debate
• Spirits tastings can be focused on specific categories such as ‘Single Malt Scotch’, ‘Bourbon and Rye’, or ‘Highland Tequilas’ or more general categories like Whiskies, Cognac, and Rum – completely customizable to your group preference
• 6-8 glasses of a tasting are poured and served with complementing bites to highlight flavors and aromas
• Spirit history, culture and production methods are covered prior to a guided tasting
• A cocktail featuring the spirit is served as a welcome drink
• Making cocktails with the spirit is covered in the presentation
Why Mixology Classes?
- Fun & Educational
- Culinary & Cultural
- New & Different
- Completely Customizable
- Good For Both Drinkers & Non-Drinkers